Rain or sunshine, there are plenty of fun things to do in Sydney.
(Please note: As of October 11, lockdown restrictions have eased across Sydney. Many businesses are still in the process of reopening. We try to keep everything current, but please call the venue first to make sure they are open before heading there.)
Have you been as thrown off by the recent downpour in Sydney as us? Some serious grey skies have set firmly in Sydney over the last few days and the weather is just not relenting. But nothing is going to rain on our Freedom Day parade. Luckily for us, there are heaps of fun things to do and experiences to have around the city. Here’s our definitive list to help you snap out of that gloomy, rainy day funk.
1. Find your inner Picasso at Cork and Chroma.
2. Get lost in a book at the State Library of New South Wales.
3. Soak up the good vibes at Cafe Monstera.
4. Go ice skating at the Macquarie Ice Skating Rink.
5. Get spooked on a ghost tour.
6. Enjoy Beethoven’s masterpieces in a romantic setting.
7. Go back in time at the Sydney Living Museum.
8. Choose from plenty of awesome live gigs.
9. Indulge the artist in you at Museum of Contemporary Art.
10. Or The White Rabbit Gallery in Chippendale.
11. While you’re at it, Carriageworks is right around the corner.
12. Go indoor skydiving if you’re feeling particularly adventurous.
13. Or book a paint and sip class for a more relaxing activity.
If drinking and creating is your vibe, you can also get tickets for ‘Sip and Sculpt’ here.
16. Escape the downpour at the QVB , and enjoy the history behind the heritage building.
17. Shop local at Marrickville.
18. Reach new heights with a rock climbing class.
19. Spoil yourself with some warm crepes at the Four Frogs Creperie.
20. No beach, no problem! Enjoy swimming in an indoor pool.
21. Get lost at the Sea Life Aquarium.
22. Take a cooking class.
23. Catch a candlelight concert in a vintage theatre.
24. Indulge in some TLC at a Sydney spa.
25. Get up close and personal with the Opera House on a tour of the iconic structure.
26. Indulge in some online retail therapy.
These women-led businesses might provide some inspiration.
27. Experience art after hours.
28. Drink to your heart’s content at this three-course dinner with bottomless beer and wine.
30. Get lost in a green oasis at the Woollahra Library.
31. Indulge your inner child at the Sydney Observatory.
32. Catch a Burlesque show along with a scrumptious dinner.
33. Enjoy a show at the City Recital Hall.
34. Take a dance class at the Sydney Dance Company.
35. Let loose at a hilarious comedy night.
36. Take a tour of the Hornby Lighthouse.
37. Watch a movie at one of the Dendy Cinemas.
38. Take a photo with some of your favourite celebrities at Madame Tussauds.
39. Visit an underground bar.
41. Forget the dark skies and explore a virtual reality room.
42. Scintillate your senses by dining in the dark.
43. Enjoy an immersive experience at the Mad Hatter’s Gin & Tea Party.
44. Visit the NSW Rail Museum for an informative throwback.
46. Go to a rooftop bar at The Rocks, because The Rocks is always a good idea.
48. Experience this do it yourself escape room all from the comfort of your home.
49. Pamper your partner with a date night at Shangri-La Hotel.
50. Make a night of it with a cosy bed and breakfast.
51. Take a wine tour at the Hunter Valley because that’s a winner all year round.
52. Get your cardio on with a free indoor workout class.
53. Get tickets to the Sydney Tower Eye and enjoy some marvellous views.
54. Download a murder mystery game and enjoy it from the comfort of your home.