The Opera House is celebrating its 50th birthday this year and it’s making sure everyone’s part of the celebrations. As part of a new 7-day classical festival, Inside/Out at the House, guests can see a dazzling lineup of musicians and dancers for just $10. If seeing the London Symphony Orchestra, The Australian Ballet and the Sydney Symphony Orchestra perform live has always been on your list, now’s your chance.
Inside/Out at the House
As part of this series, guests can decide to watch a performance inside the Concert Hall or Joan Sutherland Theatre, or watch the live broadcast on a giant screen at the Opera House Forecourt for just $10. Akin to an outdoor cinema experience, guests are invited to get cosy with their winter warmers and enjoy exceptional classical shows without breaking the bank. Tickets also include transport to and from the venue.
- London Symphony Orchestra will perform from May 1-3 led by Sir Simon Rattle.
- The Australian Ballet will take to the stage for Jewels, a three-part George Balanchine ballet exploring Emeralds, Rubies and Diamonds on May 4.
- The Sydney Symphony Orchestra performs on May 5.
- Sydney Philharmonia Choirs and Orchestra pay tribute to the Golden Age of Broadway on May 6. Read more about it here.
- The Australian Chamber Orchestra will perform masterpieces by Bach and Tchaikovsky on May 7 along with music by JS Bach to Jimmy Barnes.
Inside or out, the festival promises a unique experience for all. Grab your tickets here.