Start your week right with this new recipe courtesy Sandoitchi Cafe.
We’re all experiencing a roller coaster of iso-emotions and if there’s one thing that’ll keep you sane, its eating your weight with some great DIY recipes. Previously we suggested you try an authentic Birria recipe by chef Ricardo Lemus of Alma Restaurant and Chatkazz Restaurant’s famous Pav Bhaji recipe. This week we’ve got some new inspiration for you with the help of chef Pureephat ‘Bhas’ Kraikangwan of Sandoitchi Cafe.
Break the monotony of being indoors with this recipe of buttermilk fried chicken sando and give yourself some much-needed comfort that sometimes only comes with carbs.
- Maryland deboned with skin 1kg
- Fish sauce 20ml
- Palm sugar pound into small pieces 10g
- Coriander roots 30g
- Garlic 20g
- Whole White pepper whole
- Lemongrass 1 each
- Sea salt a pinch
- Water 100g
- Clean the chicken with vinegar and drain it well.
- Pound the garlic, coriander roots, whole white pepper, a pinch salt and lemongrass with mortar and pestle until becomes a fine paste.
- Marinate chicken with the paste and then add the fish sauce, palm sugar, and water.
- Remove chicken and marinated liquid into vacuum pack and leave in the fridge. Marinate for 1 day.
- Buttermilk 800ml
- Cajun spice 10g
- Garlic powder 5g
- Onion powder 5g
- Cinnamon powder 5g
- Clove powder 3g
- Smoke paprika powder 10g
- Black pepper powder 10g
- Coriander seed powder 10g
- Chill powder 5g
- Bay leaves powder 5g
- Mix all the powder together.
- Remove chicken from the vacuum pack, add buttermilk and add spices.
- Mix well and marinate for 1 day.
- Coat the chicken all over in plain flour and leave in the fridge for 10 minutes before frying.
- Deep fry at 190 degrees until cooked.
Chill mayo sauce:
- Japanese mayo 200g
- Chill sriracha 50g
- Mix spices from (part 2 marinated) 1tsp
- Baby cucumber 200g
- Salt 10g
- Sugar 100g
- White vinegar 100ml
- Water 500ml
- Limestone paste 5g
- Konbu sheet 1small each
- Yuzu juice 10ml
- Wash the baby cucumber and drain well.
- Bring water to a boil, add sugar, white vinegar, limestone paste mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Set the side of the liquor until cold.
- Add liquid to cover the baby cucumber, pickle at room temperature for 2 days.
- Thick cut milk-white bread or wholemeal trim the side off 2each
- Unsalted Butter
- Pickled cucumber
- Spread the butter on both sides of the bread, add the chill mayo on both sides and place the cooked chicken on the bread.
- Cut in half and it’s ready to serve
- Garnish with mix spices
Want something sweet after your meal? Check out these 10 Brilliant Takeaway Desserts To Get Your Sugar Fix In Lockdown