Good rhythm, catchy melodies and memorable lyrics are just some of the qualities of a pop song. Add hundreds of glowing candles, a stunning or iconic venue in Sydney and supremely talented, classically-trained musicians and you’ve got Candlelight Pop, a series of tribute concerts celebrating some of the modern era’s biggest-ever stars and hits.
These artists have been chart-toppers (some across decades), gone platinum multiple times over, sold-out stadium tours and been major cultural figures that have influenced not just musical tastes, but also fashion and dance as well. They’re part of music history and their music is getting the Candlelight treatment.
Table Of Contents
At these incredible performances, you’ll get to hear your favourite songs, from artists we all know. But it won’t be as you’ve heard them before. Their songs have been reimagined for string quartets, piano duos and musical trios but you’ll still find yourself mouthing or singing along to every note and word. It will be impossible not to.
Some, though, are artists that never started out as pop singers, pop groups or pop bands. Nonetheless, they’ve found popularity and found themselves at the top of the charts with songs that transcend genres and blend together styles. No matter what you describe them as, we just can’t get them out of our heads.
Candlelight Pop Tributes
- A Tribute to JJ Lin at the Sydney Masonic Centre Friday 3 February
- A Tribute to Jay Chou at the Sydney Masonic Centre on Saturday 4 February
- A Tribute to Coldplay at the Grand Lodge on Friday 17 February
- A Tribute to Taylor Swift at Sydney Masonic Centre on Saturday 18 February
- A Tribute to Radiohead at The Concourse on Thursday 23 February
- A Tribute to Queen at The Concourse Thursday 23 February
- A Tribute to Queen at the Avoca Beach Theatre on Friday 3 March
More Candlelight Pop concerts are in the pipeline and we’re also looking to see the return of past favourites that have wowed audiences already. Keep an eye on this space for more to come.