The Metro Theatre is celebrating the return of unrestricted live music in style. This May, a number of curated live music parties will take over the Sydney staple for a 7 day weekend rager. Some excellent live bands will take over the stage along with comedy nights and a huge Cinco De Mayo party.
If you’re after a music venue that’s abuzz with energy and live music, you need to head down to The Metro Theatre. Great lighting, excellent sound, a relaxed vibe and some seriously good music give this CBD venue its unique edge. Here’s what you can look forward to at the 7 day weekend.
7 Day Weekend by The Metro Theatre
A number of exciting acts are set to take the stage over the seven days. Find them below:
- Wednesday, May 4 — Seismic Talent Agency 2nd Birthday party.
Featuring Faker, Jess Kent and Kyva, and hosted by Hannah Conda and Pomara Filth.
- Thursday, May 5 – Cinco De Mayo Festival
Cinco De Mayo festivities will take over the theatre along with live Mariachi music by El Charro Diego. Also on site, plenty of tequila, Mexican DJ’s and of course, Mexican street food.
- Friday, May 6 – PANIC!, a five-band punk, emo and hardcore party.
- Saturday, May 7 — Sweat it out with K.I.M. (The Presets), Sampology, MICCI, Latifa Tee and Stacie Fields.
- Sunday, May 8 — It’s all about Reggae with a huge party featuring Katchafire, alongside supports including Subtribe, Foreign Dub and more.
- Monday, May 9 — If you’re tired of partying, take a break and have a laugh with the Sydney Comedy Festival Showcase.
- Tuesday, May 10 — The final day of this massive party will see the 22-piece funk collective, The Regime, hit The Metro Social for a delightful wrap up party.
The party don’t stop at Metro but we already know that. Grab your tickets here before they sell out.